Cooling and ductless heating has become popular alternative to HVAC systems. Air conditioner systems are an excellent way to cool and heat indoor areas of all varieties, especially for large homes. In this blog, you will learn about the pros and cons of mini split-type air conditioner systems.
Pros of Mini Split Type Air Conditioner System
- 1. No Ductwork RequiredOnly tubes are needed when you install a Mini Split Type AC.
- 2. You Never Have to Damage Your StructureYou don’t have too much cutting or big holes to install the unit, unlike installing window-type ACs.
- 3. Only Requires 1 Circuit to the Power UnitMini Splits generally only require one electrical circuit coming from the panel. It’s also usually around a 30 amp circuit.
- 4. No Thermostat or Even Low Voltage LightingYou don’t need to have a specific place where your thermostat can pull through in your house.
Cons of Mini Split Type Air Conditioner System
- 1. Maintenance is ComplicatedThe process and maintenance of split types are not easy. Each split type works differently from the others.
- 2. Shorter Life StandardThey don’t last long as the traditional ACs. The quality doesn’t seem nice, and the outer layer is just made of thin plastic.
- 3. A bit CostlyWhen purchasing a split type AC, know that the price is expensive.